The Franchising Code of Practice and the Association’s Code of Ethics were launched in 1996 to ensure that those looking to enter franchising, whether as a franchisor or franchisee, will receive all the details they need to make an informed decision.
All prospective members of the Franchise Association must submit to independent scrutiny relevant material to ensure that their processes provide all the necessary information to potential franchisees or clients. By having a strict Code of Practice, we ensure that people who deal with our members can do so in the confidence that the franchisor or advisor will adhere to the principles of best practice.
Only members of the Franchise Association are required to abide by all these provisions. Franchisors who are not members of the Association have not submitted their documentation to our independent scrutiny and are not required to comply with the Association’s Codes. If you have dealings with a franchisor who claims to follow the Code of Practice and the Code of Ethics of the Association but who is not actually a member, please let us know.
Each Member of the Association will:
- Operate according to the Rules and Code of Practice of the Association in all its requirements and according to all relevant laws
- Uphold the Code of Ethics for all Members
- Promote membership of the Franchise Association of New Zealand Incorporated and adherence to the Code of Practice
- Adopt the highest standards of competency, practice and integrity in all matters pertaining to franchising
- Respect the confidentiality of all information, know-how and business IP concerning a franchised business with which it is involved
- Act in an honourable and fair manner in all its business dealings, and in such a way as to uphold and bring credit to the good name of the FANZ.